Friday, September 29, 2006

Natalie's Portland Senior Portrait Photographer

On Wednesday I had a portrait session scheduled with a young lady who is the younger sister of someone I had photographed a few years back. I waited at the Washington Park Rose Gardens for her to show up, enjoying the warm sunlight and the scent of the roses. After a while, her mom walks up to me, and asks if they might reschedule their portrait session for a few days later. It turns out that there was a little relationship trouble that day in her daughter's life, and she just wasn't up for it. So I went over to the car to talk to the daughter.

I wish I could have photographed her right then, with tears streaming down her face, dripping onto her shirt. It's hard to concoct a good crying picture, and this was the real thing. But, even though I'm a guy, I do have enough working radar to be able to detect when is a good time to ask for such things, and when not to. This was a definite 'not to'. So we rescheduled for today.

And it was worth doing so. Natalie is about as easy to photograph as they come. Here are some favorites:







Natalie is such a beautiful high school senior!  Hailing from Jefferson High School in Portland, she made for some stunning Portland high school senior portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment