Friday, July 28, 2006

Beloved Left Over Graphics

A photographer's life, they say, is summed up in about two seconds. You take a lot of photographs--thousands, millions, perhaps. Some make the final cut. A few are good. A handful are great. Say you make 250 great images in your lifetime, if you're a master. On average, it took you 1/125 of one second to take each image. Add up those 250 images, and you have...2 seconds.

I begin this blog for a simple reason: no one but me sees all the images I take. I like an awful lot of them, for various reasons. They are edited, catalogued, filed. My wife sees a few of them. Even fewer make it to the print stage, which others see. Then the prints sit in boxes in the basement, in cabinets specially built for them, in albums on someone's bookshelf.

Here I have a home for some of these images, and a few of those that won't even make it to print. Here I have a home for the Beloved Left Over Graphics. A few more than two seconds' worth. For all to see.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:18 PM

    Brilliant deliberated and quite possibly in some cases unintentional captures and detections. Your mind sees and knows good art, graphics and most importantly humor.

    ReplyDelete