Friday, March 09, 2007

Off to Kenya


It's fitting that I photographed Bob and Kitty Magee today. I was hired by Seattle Pacific University's magazine Response to create a portrait of this dynamic couple. They helped found the Bible Study Fellowship in Africa and the Middle East, while they were based in Nairobi, Kenya. A vivacious couple, full of energy and very hospitable.

The fitting part: I leave for Kenya in the morning. I'll be photographing there for a couple weeks, with Open Arms International. I traveled with OA to India a couple years ago, documenting their medical relief work after the tsunami. This time I'll be documenting their work with medical clinics for street youth and others in Kenya, as well as their Small Business Conference, Women's Conference, Sports Camp, and more. Plus, they're dedicating their 52-acre property, on which they will be building an orphanage and medical clinic. Pretty cool stuff.

After Kenya, we'll be off to Israel for a week. Keep an eye on the blog here for updates. As I am able (if I am able), I'll try to post interesting images and stories from the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment