Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Transitions, Asia, and Sex Traffic

I'm preparing at the moment for an upcoming trip to Thailand and Cambodia. I'll be shooting photo and video for several organizations that work to end child sex slavery and human trafficking both locally and abroad.

One of these organizations, Transitions Global (also known as Transitions Cambodia), is in the Willamette Week paper this week. (The photo of James Pond is mine.) You can read the article online here. If you think child sex slavery/prostitution doesn't happen here in Portland, visit this video from today, on KGW. It includes an interview with James. I'll be working with Transitions, here and in Cambodia, to tell the story of the girls they're working to rescue.

I've also been working with Love146. (An image on their home page is mine.) Our church supports this excellent organization, and I'll be photographing some assignments for them while in Asia. They do great work.

My travel partner on this trip will be Seth Johnson, of For Their Rescue. Seth is a big-hearted, passionate guy, and it's been a real pleasure to plan this trip together. We'll be working on a documentary video for his new organization, as well as images for his presentations on the subject.

Keep your eye out for future posts and updates. And if you're not familiar with the issues of human trafficking and child sex slavery, please do check out all of these links. This happens not just in foreign countries, but in your own neighborhood. There are approximately 27 million people in slavery in the world at the moment, and the sale of human lives is one of the top 3 grossing industries in the world (up there, I believe, with the drug trade and weapons sales). You can play a very real part in ending this terrible holocaust.

View more of my editorial and humanitarian photography on the website.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:51 AM

    Fritz, thank you so much for this post, and please continue to keep us posted on your upcoming trip. I will definitely be checking out all of the links you provided. I follow the issues surrounding child sex trafficking closely at my blog, http://seasonoflight.blogspot.com. I'd love to hear more about your experiences and keep my readers informed, as well. Thanks again for everything you're doing.

    ReplyDelete