Sunday, May 25, 2008

First Communion Processional, Algeciras, Spain


I'm in Algeciras, at the southern tip of Spain, right across the bay from the rock of Gibraltar, and across the Mediterranean from Morocco. For a few days, I'm photographing an intercultural arts exchange here, and it already feels like I've been with these people more than the 24 hours I've been here.

At one point, while photographing, one of the gals came in from plein air painting, and told us that a procession was about to start from the Catholic church a block away. So I walked over, and discovered a visual feast, which I enjoyed for the next 45 minutes. It was a processional of the children headed to First Communion, replete with marching band, officials, and a big shiny float.














I love being a travel and editorial photographer!

These photos are also on my fine art photography website.

No comments:

Post a Comment