Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Homage to Jack McLarty

While I was talking with and photographing Portland artist Jack McLarty, he showed me a series of woodcuts he had in his studio. This series of mostly black and white prints were portraits of artists he had known over the years, most from the Northwest. Here is one he created of Gordon Gilkey, with his wife behind him:





I decided to create my own woodcut portrait of Jack, with his wife Barbara in the background, in a similar manner. And here it is:


Homage to Jack McLarty
Fritz Liedtke
Visit the PNCA website to see their cover story on Jack, using my images.

Creating environmental portraits like this is one of my very favorite jobs.  So meaningful.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Greetings! I think your woodcut portrait of Uncle Jack and Aunt Barbara is just great, and am wondering if it would be possible to purchase a print? I have a small collection of his work, and think this would make a great addition to it! (Aunt B is my mother's younger sister)
    Thank you, Marian Granby
    jmgranby@crestviewcable.com

    ReplyDelete