Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cara and Marcus at Edgefield


In spite of the fact that the menu at McMenamins is pretty much the same at every location, I do love this local monopoly on cool social venues. The art is fun, the grounds are always interesting to explore, the gardeners have a great time, and it's fascinating to see old spaces infused with new life.

So taking photographs of a wedding--like the one above, at Portland's McMenamins Edgefield--is always fun.



After the wedding ceremony, I heard Marcus telling a friend: "Whenever I started to choke up, I just looked across the room at this painting of Saddam playing the bagpipe, and I relaxed."

I'll never look at that painting in the same way again.

See more of our award-winning Edgefield wedding photography at www.fritzphoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment