Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Kenya and Israel

Goatherder, Nellore, India
In the spring of 2005, I had the opportunity to travel to southeast India to photograph medical teams working in coastal villages hit by the tsunami. I documented teams giving free medical clinics; helping rebuild (from the ground up) a destroyed, relocated village; dedicating new wells; and working in an orphanage in Nellore, India. I was with a group from Open Arms International. It was a hot, exhausting, and exhilarating two weeks.

I just received notice that I will be accompanying Open Arms again, this spring, to Kenya, Africa, and to Israel. They will be doing similar work in Kenya, as well as dedicating a site they have been preparing to build a medical clinic and orphanage. The trip will be in March.

Do Kenya and Israel seem like an odd combination? I think so, too, but I'm sure excited to go.  Being a travel and editorial photographer can be exhausting, but very rewarding.

Here are a few more images from India:




Awaiting medical aid, a woman watches as Jodhi writes her a prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment